Congrats to all on a great race!
• The Hill Climb is open to skiers of any age, but you must be able to finish the course in under an hour (have to be done before the trails open to downhill skiers)
• No one may ski down the mountain on XC skis, before or after the race. Racers must arrange for vehicle transportation between the summit and base area (or skin up on downhill gear if you really want to ski back to your car). Contact us if you need help arranging a car pool.
• This race is being offered as an RXCSF club event, and all participants must be RXCSF members. See blue box for details.
• Please register online by Saturday Jan 5 at 8 pm, to save time on Sunday morning.
• Registration is not necessary for kids only racing the Mini-Poronkusema - just come to the summit at 9:00.
• Bristol nordic passes required for all skiers - if you are not a season's pass holder, you can buy a day pass for $10 at registration.
• Low- or non-fluoro glide wax only please - we're all friends here!
• Light refreshments and awards after the race (the more people register early, the better the awards will be so don't procrastinate!)
• Contact us with questions that aren't answered here.
Race Course - up Lower Infinity, Eclipse and Nova, then across Hale Bopp to the Summit Center (click to enlarge)
This is a low-key race, so don't blow through your fluoro budget. Only low- or non-fluoro waxes allowed. Current forecast is for mid-30's at the bottom and 30 at the top - Toko Yellow, Swix CH8, or your favorite equivalent.
Poronkusema results archive
Poronkusema – A Sami measurement of distance; the distance a reindeer can travel before needing to stop to urinate (approximately 7.5 km). Today used to describe something that is at a very obscure distance away. - Wikipedia