Sign up for the season! Fee includes coaching, après-ski snack, RXCSF-Mid-A Festival entry, and RXCSF headwear (new designs coming soon).
RXCSF /Mid-A BKL Festival, March 7-8 at Bristol - Register now and Keep Winter Cool!
Bring snack to practice - the club buys, you mix the hot chocolate and schlep. Sign up for one week, or better yet several in a row!
• Saturday February 29 - classic skiing at Cumming Nature Center, 11:00-12:30. Lots of snow and beautiful woods at Cumming - classic skiing for everyone is the way to go there. Enjoy a great ski tour before next weekend's festival at Bristol!
• Register for the RXCSF / Mid-Atlantic BKL Festival, March 7-8 at Bristol. Even if you can only make it for part of the time, this is one of the most fun area ski events of the year - you don't want to miss this! Registration link is above, and if you've signed up for the club this season you get a coupon code to input at SkiReg checkout for free registration (if you need this re-sent, let us know).
Equipment Get your gear ready so you can hit the ground skiing as soon as the snow comes! See our Equipment page for advice about what to get, and links to online stores.
• Used gear - now that the HFL Ski Swap has come and gone, check our club Facebook site for deals on hand-me-downs within the club. You may get lucky at Play it Again Sports, Goodwill, or the consignment sales at the Bristol Summit Center, but selection is hit-or-miss and prices tend to be higher.
• New gear - visit Park Ave Bikes (3400 Monroe Ave) and ask about team prices - probably the best deals on new gear that we can get (and you can't beat in-person fitting). Links to online ski stores who may have sales or team pricing (ask) are here.
• Club loaner gear - we have an assortment of equipment that you may borrow, if we've got your size. If you've joined the club, can't find what you need at the Ski Swap, and are looking to borrow for a practice or for the season, please fill out the online form to let us know what you need.
If you're a new skier who wants to try skiing out before deciding whether to join, email us (including shoe size, height, weight and age/experience level) and we'll see what we can do.
• Share the equipment, share the love. We want help make it easier for more kids to try out skiing and fall in love with it, and are looking to expand the club's fleet of loaner equipment. If you have used gear that you're looking to pass on, let us know!
• Support your local ski organizations. Our parent organization Rochester XC Ski Foundation (RXCSF) provides grooming, trail maintenance and insurance to support our program and Rochester area skiing in general - check the main RXCSF site for updates on conditions as new snow falls, and join for a tax-deductible donation to further the cause. NYSSRA organizes festivals, racing on a state-wide level and provides insurance for our club events - all BKL kids should join (free for the first year, $15 after that or $45 for the whole family - membership or $5 one-day licenses are required for all NYSSRA-sanctioned races).
Lend Us Your Skills
We're an all-volunteer club, and the more who get involved the more fun we all have! Help out as an assistant coach (a great way to learn to ski better yourself), or bring snacks, take and share photographs, help organize the ski festival - there are many ways to help. If you've got a skill you'd like to share, let us know!
2020 BKL Festivals
RXCSF / Mid-Atlantic Bill Koch League Festival www.skireg.com/rxcsf-festival#RegisterMarch 7-8, Bristol Nordic Center. We're hosting the Mid-A fest this year, so it'll be a season-ending blowout! Calls for volunteers coming soon, the more we get involved the more fun it'll be.
New England Bill Koch League Festival - February 29 - March 1 at Great Glen Trails, Gotham NH. At the base of Mt. Washington, it's the biggest kids' ski fest in the northeast, with competition and swag kicked up a notch. Register before Feb 1 for the lowest prices!
Highlights from winters past