Calling all club loaner gear! If you've got club skis, boots or poles, please plan to bring them to the banquet or email to arrange a drop-off. We're collecting this so we can get it in shape to loan out again next year!
RXCSF Summer Camping Trip - A great chance to connect with ski friends in the summer, for a weekend of hiking, bike-riding, swimming, paddling, s'mores making, talent-showing, ghost-in-the-graveyarding and general kid-driven outdoor mayhem in the Adirondacks. This year we're going to go back to an old fave, Cranberry Lake, on July 13-15 (most families go up sometime on Friday and come back Sunday afternoon - we generally plan a group hike on Saturday morning and have a group pot-luck cookout with talent show on Saturday night, but the rest is whatever we want to do either individually or collectively). To get campsites near each other, let's target sites #81-104 at the Cranberry Lake Campground - reserve your site and see a map of the campground here. If you think you'd go, it's worth reserving your site now as these can get booked up months in advance - and it's more fun to be in the thick of the action!
Equipment Now is a great time for end-of-season deals on new equipment, if you know what you need - see our Equipment page for advice about what to get, and links to online stores.
• Used gear - if you didn't get everything you need at the Ski Swap, check our club Facebook site for deals on hand-me-downs within the club. You may also get lucky at Play It Again Sports (especially if you're looking for waxless classic skis).
• New gear - before or after the Ski Swap, visit Park Ave Bikes (3400 Monroe Ave) and ask about RXCSF team prices - probably the best deals on new gear that we can get (and you can't beat in-person fitting). Links to online ski stores who may have sales or team pricing (ask) are here.
• Club loaner gear - we have an assortment of equipment that you may borrow, if we've got your size. If you've joined the club and are looking to borrow for the season, please fill out the online form to let us know what you need. If you're a new skier who wants to try skiing out before deciding whether to join, email us (including shoe size, height, weight and age/experience level) and we'll see what we can do.
• Share the equipment, share the love. We want help make it easier for more kids to try out skiing and fall in love with it, and are looking to expand the club's fleet of loaner equipment. If you have used gear that you're looking to pass on, let us know!
• RXCSF Team Wear. Order RXCSF race suits, jackets, or extra headwear from Mt. Borah's RXCSF Team Store.
• Support your local ski organizations. Our parent organization Rochester XC Ski Foundation (RXCSF) provides grooming, trail maintenance and insurance to support our program and Rochester area skiing in general - check the main RXCSF site for updates on conditions as new snow falls, and join for a tax-deductible donation to further the cause. NYSSRA organizes festivals, racing on a state-wide level and provides insurance for our club events - all BKL kids should join (free for the first year, $15 after that or $45 for the whole family - membership or $5 one-day licenses are required for all NYSSRA-sanctioned races).
Lend Us Your Skills
We're an all-volunteer club, and the more who get involved the more fun we all have! Coaching, snack-bringing, photography, festival organizing - there are many ways to help. If you've got a skill you'd like to share, let us know!
Thanks to everyone who helped make the RXCSF Fest a great weekend for all! See and share festival photos here.
2018 BKL Festivals
New England Bill Koch League Festival Saturday-Sunday, February 17-18, 2018 at the Leo J. Martin Ski Track in Weston MA. Festival photo albums: Day One, Day Two
Mid-Atlantic Bill Koch League Festival March 3-4 at Osceola Ski Center in Tug Hill. LOTS of snow, low-key racing and skiing fun with clubs from New York and sometimes PA. Perfect if you loved the RXCSF Fest and are looking for more, but aren't crazy enough to travel to New England. Registration and festival information is on SkiReg.