Sign up for the season! Fee includes coaching, après-ski snack, RXCSF-Mid-A Festival entry, and RXCSF headwear (new designs coming soon).
Team discounts on Bristol nordic seasons passes. Group login: BILLKOCH, password: BIL855
Bring snack to practice - the club buys, you mix the hot chocolate and schlep. Sign up for one week, or better yet several in a row!
• Saturday December 7 - Skiing at Mendon Ponds 10:30-12:00 The exact location within Mendon Ponds depends on today's weather and grooming - either at North Meadow if it's not too icy after today's wintry mix and tonight's freeze-up, or back at the Beach Parking Lot if packing the previously-untouched snow is the way to go. We'd like to ski classic if possible, but will let skaters skate if it's much better for that (as always, any "freestyle" practice is skating for those who do it or want to learn, and classic for lollipop and newer skiers who want to start with classic only, which is usually the easiest way to get moving on skis). Check back for updates (website or google calendar) - we may not know for sure until the morning, so look for the final word before you head out.
If you still don't have equipment and need to borrow loaner gear for the season, submit your requests via the link below. If you'd like to come to try out a practice but not sure if you're going to join the club, shoot us an email about borrowing gear for the day.
Equipment Get your gear ready so you can hit the ground skiing as soon as the snow comes! See our Equipment page for advice about what to get, and links to online stores.
• Used gear - now that the HFL Ski Swap has come and gone, check our club Facebook site for deals on hand-me-downs within the club. You may get lucky at Play it Again Sports, Goodwill, or the consignment sales at the Bristol Summit Center, but selection is hit-or-miss and prices tend to be higher.
• New gear - visit Park Ave Bikes (3400 Monroe Ave) and ask about team prices - probably the best deals on new gear that we can get (and you can't beat in-person fitting). Links to online ski stores who may have sales or team pricing (ask) are here.
• Club loaner gear - we have an assortment of equipment that you may borrow, if we've got your size. If you've joined the club, can't find what you need at the Ski Swap, and are looking to borrow for a practice or for the season, please fill out the online form to let us know what you need.
If you're a new skier who wants to try skiing out before deciding whether to join, email us (including shoe size, height, weight and age/experience level) and we'll see what we can do.
• Share the equipment, share the love. We want help make it easier for more kids to try out skiing and fall in love with it, and are looking to expand the club's fleet of loaner equipment. If you have used gear that you're looking to pass on, let us know!
• Support your local ski organizations. Our parent organization Rochester XC Ski Foundation (RXCSF) provides grooming, trail maintenance and insurance to support our program and Rochester area skiing in general - check the main RXCSF site for updates on conditions as new snow falls, and join for a tax-deductible donation to further the cause. NYSSRA organizes festivals, racing on a state-wide level and provides insurance for our club events - all BKL kids should join (free for the first year, $15 after that or $45 for the whole family - membership or $5 one-day licenses are required for all NYSSRA-sanctioned races).
Lend Us Your Skills
We're an all-volunteer club, and the more who get involved the more fun we all have! Help out as an assistant coach (a great way to learn to ski better yourself), or bring snacks, take and share photographs, help organize the ski festival - there are many ways to help. If you've got a skill you'd like to share, let us know!
2020 BKL Festivals
RXCSF / Mid-Atlantic Bill Koch League Festival March 7-8, Bristol Nordic Center. We're hosting the Mid-A fest this year, so it'll be a season-ending blowout! Calls for volunteers coming soon, the more we get involved the more fun it'll be.
New England Bill Koch League Festival - February 29 - March 1 at Great Glen Trails, Gotham NH. At the base of Mt. Washington, it's the biggest kids' ski fest in the northeast, with competition and swag kicked up a notch.
Highlights from winters past