• Paper Plate Awards and Postseason Banquet Sunday March 31, 5:30-7:30 at HFL Middle School (619 Quaker Meeting House Rd, Honeoye Falls). Celebrate the season and skiing accomplishments great and small with a pot-luck banquet, Paper Plate Awards for all, and a hearty send-off for our graduating 8th graders! Banquet will features subs courtesy of Amiel's , please bring a side or dessert to share. RSVP here - the sooner the better so we can get cracking on your paper plate awards!
Equipment Fall is the prime time to gear up for the season but if you need gear now, you really need it! See our Equipment page for advice about what to get, and links to online stores.
• Used gear - find it at the HFL Ski Swap, or check our club Facebook site for deals on hand-me-downs within the club. You may get lucky at Play it Again Sports, Goodwill, or the consignment sales at the Bristol Summit Center, but selection is hit-or-miss and prices tend to be higher.
• New gear - visit Park Ave Bikes (3400 Monroe Ave) and ask about RXCSF team prices - probably the best deals on new gear that we can get (and you can't beat in-person fitting). Links to online ski stores who may have sales or team pricing (ask) are here.
• Club loaner gear - we have an assortment of equipment that you may borrow, if we've got your size. If you've joined the club, couldn't find what you needed at the Ski Swap, and are looking to borrow for a practice or for the season, please fill out the online form to let us know what you need. If you're a new skier who wants to try skiing out before deciding whether to join, email us (including shoe size, height, weight and age/experience level) and we'll see what we can do.
• Share the equipment, share the love. We want help make it easier for more kids to try out skiing and fall in love with it, and are looking to expand the club's fleet of loaner equipment. If you have used gear that you're looking to pass on, let us know!
• Support your local ski organizations. Our parent organization Rochester XC Ski Foundation (RXCSF) provides grooming, trail maintenance and insurance to support our program and Rochester area skiing in general - check the main RXCSF site for updates on conditions as new snow falls, and join for a tax-deductible donation to further the cause. NYSSRA organizes festivals, racing on a state-wide level and provides insurance for our club events - all BKL kids should join (free for the first year, $15 after that or $45 for the whole family - membership or $5 one-day licenses are required for all NYSSRA-sanctioned races).
Lend Us Your Skills
We're an all-volunteer club, and the more who get involved the more fun we all have! Help out as an assistant coach (a great way to learn to ski better yourself), or bring snacks, take and share photographs, help organize the ski festival - there are many ways to help. If you've got a skill you'd like to share, let us know!
2019 BKL Festivals
RXCSF Youth Ski Festival January 12-13 at Bristol Mountain Nordic Center. Low-key fun and games, racing, Tour de Ski, family relays, snow dancing, and more. They were awesome, photos and video highlights here.
New England Bill Koch League Festival - Glide on the Wild Side March 2-3 at Rikert Touring Center, Ripton VT. What a blast, and some great racing by RXCSFers and our friends from other NY clubs! RXCSF festival photos are collected here - add yours if you've got good ones!
Mid-Atlantic Bill Koch League Festival - Lumber Jacks and Jills March 8-9 at Brookhaven Trails, Porter Corners, NY. Low-key season finale with nice snow, non-intimidating racing and a a great Boxer Shorts Relay to top it off. Photos here.