Sign up for the season - required to practice this year. Please contact us if a reduced fee would help get your kids on snow this year.
Season waiver - download, fill out, and email back before your first practice.
Bristol Nordic season's pass - order through the team portal for a bit of discount. Username BillKOCH, password BIL200
• Saturday Jan 23 - Classic skiing Photo/video Scavenger Hunt at Cumming Nature Center, 2:30-4:00. Cumming has great snow, classic tracks, and a place to get out of the cold if needed! With local snow still thin, the winter wonderland conditions will be well worth the drive (and it's no farther than Bristol - directions here). Classic skiing for everyone, and bring a camera to capture stops on our photo/video scavenger hunt. We'll meet in the yard to the left of the nature center - there are some fun obstacles to ski around there, and then we'll head out to explore the trails!
Cumming Nature Center asks for a donation to cover grooming/trail maintenance costs - $5/person or $15/family (or free with a RMSC membership or Pines Pass). Buy passes online and you can skip the indoor check-in when you get there (don't worry if you don't see a family pass option on the front page - put in the #'s of kids and adults and it'll revert to the family rate on the next page). Note the earlier 2:30 start time (so we have plenty of time before they sweep the trails and close up).
Wear a mask, complete the health screen the morning before coming, and the season waiver if you haven't already.
Equipment See our Equipment page for advice about what to get, and links to online stores.
• Used gear - now that the HFL Ski Swap has come and gone, check our club Facebook site for deals on hand-me-downs within the club. You may get lucky at Play it Again Sports, Goodwill, or the consignment sales at the Bristol Summit Center, but selection is hit-or-miss and prices tend to be higher.
• New gear - visit Tom's Pro Bike in Victor (300 High Street) sells some new nordic gear, though selection may be limited in small sizes so would call ahead. Your best bet may be online ski stores, links to some are here.
• Club loaner gear - we have an assortment of equipment that you may borrow, if we've got your size. If you've joined the club, can't find what you need at the Ski Swap, and are looking to borrow for a practice or for the season, please fill out the online form to let us know what you need.
If you're a new skier who wants to try skiing out before deciding whether to join, email us (including shoe size, height, weight and age/experience level) and we'll see what we can do.
• Share the equipment, share the love. We want help make it easier for more kids to try out skiing and fall in love with it, and are looking to expand the club's fleet of loaner equipment. If you have used gear that you're looking to pass on, let us know!
Bristol Nordic Center season passes. Bristol's nordic center is where we ski when there's no good skiing on natural snow, which happens often enough every year to make a season's pass worthwhile - otherwise you'll need to buy a daily pass whenever you go. Order this at a (slight) discount now, through the Group Login at the Bristol Mountain online store - username BillKOCH and password BIL200. Note that kids 7 and under ski free with a paying adult (daily or season's passes).
Lend Us Your Skills
We're an all-volunteer club, and the more who get involved the more fun we all have! Help out as an assistant coach (a great way to learn to ski better yourself), help organize kids at practice, help manage loaner gear, take and share photographs, help organize the ski festival - there are many ways to help. If you've got a skill you'd like to share, let us know!
Support your local ski organization
• Our parent organization Rochester XC Ski Foundation (RXCSF) provides grooming, trail maintenance and insurance to support our program and Rochester area skiing in general - check the main RXCSF site for updates on conditions as new snow falls, and become a supporter for a tax-deductible donation to further the cause.
•. NYSSRA organizes festivals, racing on a state-wide level and provides insurance for our club events - all BKL kids should join (free for the first year, $5 for kids after that, $45 for the whole family - membership or $5 one-day licenses are required for all NYSSRA-sanctioned races and events).
Highlights from winters past